The mission of JKS school library program is to provide the necessary facilities to insure that students and teachers use information in an effective way as life long learners. This mission is only accomplished through joint collaboration between the school librarians and the greater learning community. The library staff will:
- Provide the necessary instruction for acquiring ideas, evaluating resources, and using information with competence.
- Foster an interest in reading and the appreciate of literature by providing guidance individually, and in groups.
- Make materials available in various formats and their ease of use.
- Collaborate with teachers to provide quality learning experiences that address the needs of individual students.
There are various online databases at the school to assist students in their research.
The Library is a center for research, learning and recreational reading. The library houses a collection of materials in various formats such as books, periodicals, e-books, audio books, videos, and DVDs. Materials are available in multiple languages.
7:30am to 3:30pm from Sunday to Thursday
Closed during Fridays, Saturdays and School Holidays.
Library hours are shortened during the Month of Ramadan.
The usage for the Internet at JKS is devoted to educational use by students and staff. Access is controlled and restricted.
Within the E-Library or Computer room the students need to be responsible users; they must:
- honor the intellectual property of others.
- comply with legal restrictions regarding plagiarism.
- refrain from using the computer for private gain.
- not engage in deliberate tampering or experimentation with the system.
- follow the rules set aside by the e-librarian and teachers.
- save only school related files. No other commercial software and games may be stored in hidden files.
- saving on the hard disk drive is only granted by the teacher.
- refrain from storing playing games on library computers.
- refrain from using Hotmail, Gmail, yahoo, face book or any other internet-based email, as this is strictly prohibited.
|Library Rules||Library Classes||Borrowing of Books|
|Renewing of Borrowed Books||Damaged/Lost Books o Resources||Overdue Books and Resources|